Michael L. Bleeker, DMD Contact Our Team For Prosthodontics in Scottsdale
(Please replace copy that begins, “What Treatments Can the Prosthodontist Perform?” with copy below.)
While you may see many dentists in Scottsdale, Arizona, and across the U.S. performing dental implant procedures and placing dental veneers, the truth is that their training in this area may consist only of watching videos of the procedures being done in another dentist office. Dr. Bleeker is a board-certified prosthodontist specializing in restorations such as tooth implants. He has placed thousands of implants in his career.
Among the procedures our dentist performs and holds certifications in are:
- Dental implants: It is critical to a dental implant’s function that it be placed correctly in the jaw. If it is crooked, too deep, too shallow or placed in a space that is too small, the replacement tooth will be compromised.
- Dental bridges: Dental bridges are economical alternatives to dental implants. However, because they do not promote jaw health and the dentist must shave down adjacent healthy teeth to place a bridge, it is an inferior teeth replacement solution.
- Dentures: Dentures are an option for those who are missing most or all of their teeth. As a low-cost alternative to implant-supported dentures, they come with several drawbacks, including discomfort, less stability and the need for annual relining.
- Implant-supported dentures: Sometimes known as All-on-4, implant-supported dentures are much stronger and more stable than dentures. Additionally, because implant posts are embedded in your jaw, they keep your jaw healthy and strong. Because dentures sit on the gums, the gums recede over time, and the dentures begin to fit poorly, adding to the risk that they may slip or fall out.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are thin shells of porcelain used to cover your natural teeth, either because of staining, misshapen teeth or other cosmetic issues. Because the dentist needs to remove a layer of your natural teeth to make space for the veneers, it is important to choose a dentist experienced in this procedure. Poorly placed veneers look unnatural and patients are unhappy with the results.
At our dental clinic in Scottsdale, AZ, we also offer teeth whitening, dental crowns, Invisalign and other cosmetic dentistry solutions.
As a prosthodontist, Dr. Bleeker also treats issues with the jaw, including TMJ (temporomandibular jaw disorder) and sleep apnea. He helps uncover causes of snoring and investigates ways of relieving snorers of this sleep-depriving condition. Dr. Bleeker also performs reconstructive surgery on cancer patients.
To book at appointment with the prosthodontist at our dental clinic, call our office today.